As of June 2010, we have a formal agreement with the Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center to begin a research program on CommonGround. Our other research collaborators include the Office of Mental Health Research & Training at the University of Kansas which currently has a NIMH R01, New York Office of Mental Health, and Community Care Behavioral Health Organization in Pennsylvania.
Publications Referencing CommonGround
- MacDonald-Willson KL, Deegan PE, Hutchison HL, Parrotta N, Schuster JM (2013). Integrating Self-Management Strategies into Mental Health Service Delivery: Empowering People in Recovery. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal, 36,4 258-263.
- Spencer, K. (2013). A look at peer support within CommonGround sites: A personal perspective. EBP Times, Office of Mental Health Research and Training, School of Social Welfare, University of Kansas, (May 2013).
- Stein BD, Kogan JN, Mihalyo MJ, Schuster J, Deegan PE, Sobero MJ, Drake RE (2012). Use of computerized medication shared decision making tool in community mental health settings: Impact on psychotropic medication adherence. Community Mental Health Journal, July, 1-8.
- Mental Health Weekly (2012). San Diego Recovery Program Promotes Consumer Independence. Volume 22, Number 25, pages 3-5.
- Ptasznik, A (2011). The person in Personal Medicine: Moving consumers from periphery to centre of decision making. Journal of Addiction and Mental Health, Spring, 14:3.
- Edna Hamera, Leonie Pallikkathayil, Donna Baker, and Dena White (2010). Descriptive Study of Shared Decision Making About Lifestyle Modifications With Individuals Who Have Psychiatric Disabilities. Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association, 16: 280-287
- Torrey WC, Drake RE (2010). Practicing shared decision making in the outpatient psychiatric care of adults with severe mental illnesses: redesigning care for the future. Community Mental Health Journal, 46(5):433-40.
- Curtis LC, Wells SM, Penney DJ, Ghose SS, Mistler LA, Mahone IH, Delphin-Rittmon M, del Vecchio P, Lesko S. (2010). Pushing the envelope: shared decision making in mental health. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal, 34(1):14-22.
- Deegan, P.E. (2010). A description of a web application to support shared decision making. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal, 34(1):23-8.
- Drake, R.E., Deegan, P.E., & Rapp, C. (2010). The promise of shared decision making in mental health. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal, 34(1):7-13.
- Drake, R.E., Deegan, P.E., Woltmann, E., Haslett, W., Drake, T., & Rapp, C. (2010). Comprehensive electronic decision support systems. Psychiatric Services, 61:714–717.
- Kreyenbuhl J, Nossel IR, Dixon LB (2009). Disengagement From Mental Health Treatment Among Individuals With Schizophrenia and Strategies for Facilitating Connections to Care: A Review of the Literature. Schizophrenia Bulletin 2009 35(4):696-703.
- Deegan PE, Rapp C, Holter M, & Riefer M (2008). A program to support shared decision making in an outpatient psychiatric medication clinic. Psychiatric Services, 59, 603-605.